The Boyky with pennant number 532 will join its two predecessors, the Steregushchy and Soobrazitelnyy, in the Baltic Fleet. All diesel powered ships have:
- a length of 104.5 m
- a beam of 11.6 m
- a displacement of 2100 tons
- a maximum speed of 27 kn
- a hangar for Ka-27 helicopter
- one 100 mm Arsenal A-190 gun
- eight 3M24 / Kh-35 Uran (SS-N-25) anti-ship missiles
- two AK-630M 6-barrel 30 mm gun
Two modified vessels of the class have been exported to Algeria with the designation Project 20382 Tigr. The Project 20380 served as a basis for an even more advanced and larger Project 20385 Gremyashchy class corvette.
The Project 20385 ships, of which the first has already been laid down, will come with an 8 cell UKSK VLS, which can fire the 3M54 Klub/Kalibr (SS-N-27) or 3M55 Oniks (SS-N-26) missiles and a 16 cell Redut VLS.